- This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of Love Urban Limited, Company Number 07222076 (England and Wales) whose registered address is 37 Commercial Road, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0HU and its subsidiary companies (“Urban Beach Hotel Ltd, Urban Reef Restaurant Ltd, Urban Guild Ltd t/a Jenkins & Sons and Urban Renaissance Cafe Ltd”), who controls this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Love Urban Limited.
Collection of personal information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by Love Urban might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”)).
- Love Urban (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Love Urban to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from Love Urban;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a Love Urban website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to Love Urban when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information. Please note your calls to Love Urban may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
- Love Urban (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
Storage and retention of your information
- Love Urban will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Love Urban uses and the security policies which Love Urban has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Use of your information
- Love Urban may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Love Urban’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Love Urban website(s) and other services and developing Love Urban’s marketing plans.
- Love Urban may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for Love Urban to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Love Urban to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by Love Urban as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Love Urban website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Love Urban’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Love Urban and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Love Urban to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on a Love Urban website; and
- to any individual making a subject information request to Love Urban.
- In the event that Love Urban (or a relevant part of Love Urban) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Love Urban business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Love Urban is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Love Urban by the third party.
When you visit a Love Urban website(s), Love Urban uses “cookie” technology to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies Love Urban use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a Love Urban website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to a Love Urban website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the Love Urban website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used by Love Urban websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.orgwhich includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a Love Urban website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Love Urban does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the Love Urban websites, Love Urban may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
© 2016 The Wood Oven